Monday, May 26, 2008

Where does the time go?

I can't believe the weekend is already over (not to mention Monday). Josh and I had a great, but busy weekend. We got up Saturday and headed to Landrum to pick up our niece Natalie. We took her and Peanut to Falls Park in Greenville. They both had a good time. Natalie walked in the water a little with Josh. She wasn't crazy about playing in the water, she liked watching all the other kids more. She would look and smile and say "they're crazy", which is one of her favorite sayings. After that we went to Brusters for ice cream. Peanut didn't touch her ice cream and Natalie only ate a few bites. I, however, slurped down my birthday cake milkshake with no problem. Having a dog and a child is hard work. Josh and I joked about not having children because after one day with Natalie, I just don't see how I can be a full-time mother. We, of course, still want children, but I know I have a better appreciation for mothers. We took Natalie back to my mom's house on Sunday and ate with my family. I've studied a little for the NCLEX today (not near enough) and Josh has been working on a test all day. It's due tomorrow, and he hasn't had any free time to do it until today...good thing it's a holiday. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial day.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Miss you guys...hope we get to see you soon! :)

Mimi said...

Glad you had a good weekend!! And, glad both of you got to do some studying. I really appreciated you coming to the hospital today to check on Grace and hang out with us. I know Daddy appreciated the support. It was good to share lunch together too! Love to you both!